Monday, May 10, 2010

Purple Feet

Jeff, our International Sales Director was in town for our bi-annual meeting on the 30th of April. Lanie and I always take him out for Filipino food, thinking he's a foreigner and we should take him to the best of what the country can offer. In the past we've taken them to Cafe Juanita, C2, Dencio's and Barrio Fiesta. Okay, maybe not exactly the best of what we can offer but after Cafe Juanita and C2 i was stumped. I guess we overlook how good home-cooked Filipino food is. This year I couldn't think of anywhere to take him and figured he'd probably grown tired of Filipino food--although he is fond of Tinola. "Okay, something not Filipino" "How about Japanese?" but he usually does his rounds and Japan is his territory aswell so we figure he's probably had his fill of the best Japan can offer. We think "How about Korean? Korea Garden?" It's right by my office and to me is the best Korean food in the country, a family favorite but was still iffy about that. Then I ask myself "Where do businessmen take VIP's out to lunch?" I remember my dad and how he always knew of the best restaurants and the best dishes to order. He would always order for us and put stuff in our plates without asking "Try this, its really good!" So I ask myself-- "What is the best restaurant I know?" And then it hits me, Purple Feet! My favorite restaurant and it's 2 minutes away from the office. I don't know if it's the food or the ambience but I just love the place.

We started lunch pretty late, 115. Lanie picked Jeff up from EDSA Shangri-la at 1230. This meeting is the biggest of my year so the nice light and comfortable ambience helped ease the pressure building up in my head. Jeff is easy-going by nature and very easy to talk to -- its just that I'm still feeling my way around negotiating and after the first quarters turn of events I really had to level up my game. Again lunch at Purple Feet was perfect.. It lifted my spirits and calmed me down. I was able to squeeze in a few pictures. I wasn't entirely sure if picture taking in front of Jeff was appropriate or not..


Medium Prawns
I ordered the Medium Prawns with a three cheese topping and a side dish of grilled Zucchini. The Zucchini was cooked perfectly.



Tuna Steak with Moroccan Sauce
Lanie and Jeff ordered the Tuna Steak and they were both surprised at how spicy it was. What they thought was tomato was actually a chili sauce. I didn't try it but they said it was really good it just caught them by surprise. The portion size was also huge, good enough to share. Neither of them finished their plates. 


Bread Pudding
Which is the best thing about Purple Feet for me. And it's only 180 pesos. Bong loved it so much too-- "Nakakainis ka, sobrang sarap naman nito!" Bread Pudding is a wonderful childhood memory for my so I've always fancied it. My mother used to collect the outer parts of the bread-- what do you call those again? Crusts? Haha! She's save them to make bread pudding. This bread pudding is not too sweet, perfect on the palate, I think. :)

I forgot to order soup which is the second best thing here. Was thinking of the diet too much that it slipped my mind. I usually order the soup of the day and every single one I've had been better than the last. My favorite one, although I don't remember what it was called was orange and had ground beef in it. Should take note next time :)

Light, pleasant conversation about different cusines, travels over good food was a perfect prelude to a 4 hour long meeting. Thank you Leo Cabredo for helping me prepare for it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment